Monday, January 26, 2009

Hello World!

Welcome to Kisses or Disses. On this blogsite you will find new books available in the library and summaries of books I’ve read that you may want to read. Please feel free to leave comments. Remember that your comments are on the school webpage too.

StThe Little Engine That Couldudents have asked me what my favorite book is. I guess my all time favorite book - just because I love the message, the art, and the memories associated with the book, is The Little Engine that Could. I love the message of perseverance and persistence.

I think for middle school students it is easiest to list authors. Don’t miss Lois Lowry, Laurie Halse Anderson, Sonya Sones, David Lubar, Robert Cormier, Gordon Korman, Chris Crutcher, Walter Dean Myers, Sarah Dessen, and Sharon Creech to name a few.

So, welcome to Kisses or Disses and continue reading because “A day without reading is like a day without sunshine.” (That’s my quote.)

Mrs. Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment